Friday 1 March 2013

Evaluation



For my print advert, I have used the masking skill to create an effect on my main image which is the female that is in the purple dress. In order for me to have done that, first of all I used the quick select tool and clicked on the female on the area I will be needing which was the top half, I then did select, inverse, refine edge and cut, I then repeated the steps by clicking on the female again, select inverse, then I clicked on the mask tool, after I have done that, I copy and paste a picture I would like to create as an effect on the female, I put the image on top of the female. Then I put the layer with the female below the other layer with the one I want to mask with, and change the effect to ‘lighten’ afterwards it gave it a sparkly effect to make the female look like a genie coming out of the bottle, this effect is effective because it shows as soon as you drink it, you will feel like you are free from any sort of stress, and it lifts you off your feet, but originally your still on the ground. I think the image would appeal to my target audience because our slogan is ‘taste the freedom’ and it would make sense if you see a female gently flowing into mid-air from a bottle. The colour palette I have used for this is the colour purple and a mixture of blue, I think this is suitable because it’s not too girly or too plain, especially for my background, it goes with flow with the main image.

However, after everything I have done, I need to improve my font style and colour because the bottle I have used is purple and I did not add the correct colour that would be suitable colour for the bottle, and make it stand out towards my target audience. I need to think about my font choices carefully because, even know it may look nice already, I need to think about if other people will like it or, will be able to see the writing without having any struggle. Also I need to pick a different colour for my slogan because, I have placed it below the bottle and since the background is a bit too dark at the bottom because of the colour purple and blue, the colour writing I used for my slogan is black and the style of it was a bit too bold, and all of that together made it also difficult to see the writing, and the target audience, may not even be able to see what it is, and possibly they could mistake it for something else. In order for me to also improve my print advert, is to make sure each image I have included, relates to the main image, by looking at the work I have done and check through it carefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment